Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya!
• Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
• Papaya helps prevent constipation and also aid in digestion. Papaya contains the protein called papain which is a digestive enzyme that helps in natural digestion process.
• Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.
• Papaya juice helps in alleviating infections of the colon by clearing away the infection, pus and mucus. Regular consumption will help in improving the problem.
• I read in many research papers, that skin and pulp of the fruit can be also used for external wounds including surgical incisions.
• Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet. 100 gms of papaya is just 32 kcal
• Regular consumption of papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
• Eating papaya is good for eyesight. So ladies, to reduce the risk of age related macular degeneration which is the primary cause of eyesight loss in old age to ensure that you have 3 serving daily.
• The highly concentrated potassium makes this fruit anti dote for hyper tension. It keeps blood pressure in check and also good for improving mental alertness.
Colorful and buttery-smooth papayas are renowned for their digestive benefits. They’re also rich sources of antioxidants, folate, potassium, fiber, vitamin E, and vitamin K. These nutrients promote cardiovascular health and help protect against colon cancer. To prepare for extraction, cut the papaya in half, scoop out the seeds, and remove the flesh from the rind.
Papayas with reddish-orange skin are ready to eat; those with yellow patches will take a few days to ripen. Avoid any overly soft or bruised papayas. Eat them fully ripened for the most antioxidant power!
Considering the properties that this fruit has, it’s not just good for consumption but can also be moved to your beauty shelf
• Papaya is very good for our skin. Since it contains enzymes like papain , on exfoliation, dead skin can be removed.
• The anti-oxidants prevent wrinkles and pre mature aging of skin, so youthful you.
• Raw papaya when applied on face, helps us say bye-bye to pimples, blemishes and all those awful spots.
• A face pack made of ripe papaya and milk cream is recommended for people with dry skin.
• It protects our skin from ultraviolet radiation. Basically it acts as a natural sunscreen.
• It lightens the skin tone.
So beautiful ladies, i hope that i gave you good enough reasons to get that fruit in your basket the next time you go to reliance fresh.