Morning Elixir – Lukewarm Lemon Water and Turmeric!
Starting the day with lukewarm lemon water and turmeric is perfect for your health. Your body will be thankful if you include this potent and surprisingly cheap spice to your everyday diet.
People have long used turmeric to enhance their overall health, and science has many times confirmed its beneficial effects. It has been proven that it’s beneficial in the treatment of over 160 health conditions.
Turmeric possesses antiseptic and natural anti-inflammatory properties. It also fights carcinogens-free radicals, as it is a potent antioxidant.
The Turmeric and Lemon Morning Elixir Recipe
What you’ll need…
- ½ a lemon, squeezed for juice
- ¼ – ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup warm water, or milk
How to make it…
Mix the lemon juice, turmeric and honey into your cup of warm water or milk. You will want to stir these ingredients well. You will notice that turmeric falls down at the bottom of the cup, so don’t stop stirring the mixture while you drink it, for maximum turmeric benefits. Add cinnamon on top and continue to stir your morning elixir. Drink the mixture while warm (not hot, or cold).
These are few benefits of drinking lukewarm lemon water with turmeric:
- Turmeric can prevent the high blood sugar spikes related to diabetes, as it helps the body to properly process ingested sugars.
- It helps the body break down dietary fat right after consuming it, as it raises the bile flow.
- It protects the brain from degenerative brain disorders related to aging, like Alzheimer’s disease, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric allows the body to break down dietary and environmental toxins as it improves the liver function.
- It stimulates the gallbladder’s production of bile and other components which help our body properly digest food.
- Turmeric added in lukewarm lemon water will help you lose weight and detoxify your body.
- This powerful drink possesses antimicrobial properties, improves the immune system and digestion, prevents coughs and common colds, boosts your energy levels, treats chronic constipation, and much more.